Responding to the Pandemic
After carefully assessing the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have very regretfully taken the decision to postpone the convention until 2022.
As you will appreciate, the current situation is too uncertain for us to plan and organise the convention with the confidence that it would be allowed to go ahead, that conventioneers would be able to get to Sydney and that it would still be financially viable. Our hope is that if we delay the convention, both the convention team and you, our supporters, will have much more clarity of the constraints on events and travel.
We are now negotiating with the venue to agree to new dates.
We hope that we can announce the new dates within a month (by the middle of November). We will announce this on our website and in a future newsletter.
All existing memberships will be honoured. We will extend the closing date for Early Bird prices.
If you can no longer attend, we will be happy to refund you the full price of your ticket. This includes Supporting Memberships. However, if you keep your Supporting Membership, you will still be able to upgrade later at the early bird price. And we would truly appreciate your support.
If you would like your ticket refunded, please contact our membership secretary via the Contact Us page with your membership number and they will organise it.
We have consulted with the experts1 but no one can be sure what will happen in the next year or two. We know that we will face challenges in putting on this next convention and that we will need to adapt our plans. So watch this space!
We are all fans of Sir Terry Pratchett, and we love the camaraderie that has built up over previous conventions. We want to nurture it.
Please look after yourselves and we still hope to see you in two years’ time.